“Cardiovascular Diseases are the major cause of mortality and disability in the Unites States. Prevention, early detection and adequate treatment are key factors to improve patient’s outcomes, decreasing most clinical hard events (heart attacks, stroke amputations, etc). At MVC we are committed to provide the best possible medical education and care in cardiology.
Who Should Consult a Cardiologist?
Which Are The Symptoms Of Heart Disease?
If any of below is present, it is advised to seek for help:
- Chest pain, usually with exertion or stress.
- Shortness of breath, usually on exertion.
- Palpitations, heart racing, skip beats.
- Dizziness, lightheadedness.
- Syncope (loss of consciousness).
- Family history of heart disease.
- History of high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, long-standing heavy smoking
Preventing Heart Disease. Which Are The Facts?
Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle With:
- Smoking cessation.
- Weight reduction.
- Low-Cholesterol Diet.
- Low-Salt Diet.
- Low-Sugar Diet.
- Diabetes Mellitus adequate control.
- Blood Pressure adequate control.
- Stress levels reduction as possible
Which Are The Recommended Diagnostic Cardiac Tests?
Cardiac Ultrasound is a great tool in diagnosing multiple heart conditions, including muscular and valvular diseases
EKG the most basic and fast cardiac test that provides vast information of multiple problems.
Holter Monitors and others are essential tool in diagnosing cardiac arrhythmias.
Stress Test (Nuclear, Plain or with Echocardiogram):
Exercise and Pharmacological Stress Tests are very helpful in providing information about heart disease, specifically myocardial ischemia that represents underlying coronary arterial disease.
When indicated (usually after an abnormal non-invasive test), a Cardiac Catheterization is the gold standard diagnostic test to certainly assess the heart circulation. At MVC, we perform ambulatory cardiac catheterizations with rapid discharge home and fast recovery.